The renovation included complete structural retrofit of the 1929 poured-in-place concrete structures therefore qualifying for State seismic repair funding. The entire building structure was gutted, including the second floor itself, and replaced with a new diagonal braced steel structure and new poured-in-place concrete floors.
Significant care was taken to modernize the building with new technologies while reconstructing it to its original glory. Virtually every visible surface and material, both inside and out, is brand new. Only the historic cast-in-place ornamentation was protected in place.